Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
We are proud to announce the Chamber's 10th year of the Top 40 Program presented by BDO LLP. This program allows for nomination of notable leaders in our community who continue to inspire, lead, build, and contribute to the diverse landscape and community, both personally and professionally. Along with our program sponsor BDO, the Chamber is thrilled to once again celebrate remarkable individuals contributing to and elevating our community.
Each year the focus of individuals changes between 'under 40' and 'over 40'. The distinction between these cohorts helps showcase experienced mentors and role models who encourage the future leaders of our community, while providing us opportunity to highlight passionate developing professionals creating new paths for the future.
For the 2024 Top 40 Under 40 we have a brilliant panel of judges who bring diverse experience, knowledge, and leadership to the table. These volunteer judges review and evaluate each nominee based on accomplishments/achievements, leadership in the community, philanthropy, education, and entrepreneurship.
Nominate an outstanding Under 40 individual who has contributed in one of these areas:
- Business Success & Entrepreneurship
- Social Advocacy
- Environmental Impact / Sustainability
- Government Affairs
- Legal Affairs
- Arts & Cultural Achievement
- First Nations / Indigenous Achievements
- Science & Technology
Through partnering with Bell Media and Black Press Media, the 40 Honourees will be highlighted through the duration of the program to showcase these outstanding people and their achievements that are shaping Kelowna.
If you know someone under the age of 40 who is making a difference in our community - personally or professionally, or has achieved unique goals, nominate them today! The nominator and/or nominee is not required to be a member of the Kelowna Chamber.
- December 27, 2023: Nominations for Top 40 Under 40 OPEN
- March 1, 2024: Nomination for Top 40 Under 40 CLOSE
- June 22, 2024: Honouree Celebration
Criteria for Nominees
- Nominations for Top 40 Under 40 are for individuals between the ages of 18-39 as of January 1, 2024.
- Nominees must reside and work in the Central Okanagan and contribute to the development of our local community, within the last 24 months.
- If a nominee has been previously honoured in this program, they are not eligible to be recognized again in future years (Top 40 Under/Over 40).
- Nominees are not required to be a member of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce; this program is open to the public.
- Employees, Board Members, Judges, or direct contractors to the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees can self-nominate.
- Judging is based on Nominee involvement over the immediate past year.
Requirements for Nomination
- Nominations open at or about 8:30am December 27, 2023 and close at or about 11:59pm March 1, 2024 (the "Contest Closing Date").
- A person or company may enter as many nominees as they like.
- Nominators/Nominees are encouraged to complete the entire application no later than 11:59pm March 1, 2024 in order to be considered by the program's independent judges.
- Judging is undertaken by an independent panel of business leaders and each judge uses a numerical scoring system to rank nominees based on the areas outlined in the application. As submissions are received, those with the highest aggregate ranking will be recognized by the program. Each nomination must receive a minimum score of 80/100 to be an honouree.
- Nominations are subject to verification by the panel of judges.
- All information collected from Honourees becomes property of Kelowna Chamber of Commerce for promotional purposes, including bio and photography, for current and future use.
- Nominees may be contacted occasionally for promotional means and photo used for any present and/or future marketing collateral.
- A nominee may be disqualified if the nominee is unable to meet the requirements or unavailable for the scheduled interview and the Top 40 Under 40 bio/photo submission in a timely manner.
- Nominees may be disqualified if it is determined that the nomination form misrepresents achievements or information in any way.
For more Information
Contact the Kelowna Chamber Top 40 Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
History of the Top 40 Program
The Kelowna Chamber originally launched a Top 40 Program in 2014, designed in concert with program sponsor BDO to recognize and celebrate developing achievers who help to drive the success and growth of our community. In 2017 we launched the Top 40 Over 40. These two distinct cohorts are equally deserving of recognition, and we are grateful to our business partners like BDO for continuing to make this investment in the community.
Please note: the Top 40 Program is limited to individuals in the Central Okanagan region who are over the age of majority and under the age 40 as of January 1, 2024. If a nominee has been previously recognized by this program, they are not eligible.