A red carpet entrance. A professional photoshoot. Cocktail Reception... this was the scene at the 29th Business Excellence Awards. Finalists making their way through the crowd were treated to a life-sized illuminated ice sculpture of the crystal award they were all hoping to take home. The 4-foot tall statue was a glistening reminder of the sacrifice and hard work it took them to be considered a Finalist, an honour in itself... As bright as that was, moments later it was outshone by a flurry of fueled flames surrounding two talented firedancers. Cosmic Co Motion entertained the crowd for the remainder of the reception.
Nearly 400 guests attended the ceremony and dinner, emceed by the lovely and talented Tamara Joel. The evening was photographed by Mr. Alex Hill, a dedicated professional who did a splendid job capturing the evening.
The awards recipients, in order:
1. RISING STAR AWARD: BNA Brewing Co. & Eatery
Sponsored by: Urban Systems
2. SMALL BUSINESS AWARD (4-15 employees): Highstreet Ventures Inc.
Sponsored by: Prospera Credit Union
3. MID-SIZE BUSINESS AWARD (16-50 employees): Diversified Rehabilitation Group
Sponsored by: BDO Canada LLP
4. SOCIAL ENTERPRENEURSHIP AWARD: Two Hat
Sponsored by: Interior Savings
5. YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: Rachel Clarida, Hatch Interior Design Inc.
Sponsored by: Kelowna International Airport
6. SUSTAINABILITY AWARD: Evergreen Building Maintenance Inc.
Sponsored by: Okanagan Mainline Real Estate Board
7. DISTINCTION IN HOSPITALITY & TOURISM AWARD: Gray Monk Estate Winery & Vineyards
Sponsored by: Tourism Kelowna
8. MARKETER AWARD: Csek Creative.
Sponsored by: Pushor Mitchell LLP
9. TECHNOLOGY/INNOVATION AWARD: WTFast
Sponsored by: UBC Okanagan
10. LARGE BUSINESS AWARD (51+ employees): Sun-Rype Products
Sponsored by: Grant Thornton LLP
11. BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR: Tony Stewart
Sponsored by: MNP LLP
See you at the 30th!