Kelowna: New faces will be joining the Kelowna Chamber Board as its Annual General Meeting draws near. Incoming Chamber Chair-Elect Dan Price today announced the new Board of Directors for the Chamber for the coming year, following the conclusion of online voting earlier this week.
Directors will be ratified at the in-person AGM being held Friday March 31 from 11:30-12 noon, immediately prior to the Chamber luncheon featuring a media panel looking at 2022-2023 top stories at the Coast Capri. Chamber members may vote at the AGM. Register at www.kelownachamber.org/events
Table Officers were elected by acclamation and include incoming Chair-Elect Dan Price of Sunlife Global Investments and Vice Chair-Elect Maryse Harvey of MH2 Consulting. The other officers are Derek Gratz of UBCO who will serve as Secretary and Pamela Pearson who moves into the Past President role on the Board.
Thirteen Director positions were open during member voting over two weeks in February and the following candidates received enough votes through electronic balloting to be among those to represent membership on the Board for 2023-2024.
1. Betts, Annika – Sandhill Winery
2. Bobyn, Patrick – Pushor Mitchell LLP
3. Bussiere, Daniel - Benewealth Strategies
4. Carson-Piva, Treena – Real Property Management
5. Dow, Aaron – Lawson Lundell LLP
6. Gokhale, Sarang – Mission Group
7. Lalli, Amarjit – TS Lalli Holdings
8. Quinn, Paula – KF Aerospace Centre for Excellence
9. Rempel, Carmen – Kelowna's Gospel Mission
10. Tarapaski, Curtis – Acres Enterprises
11. Warrender, Marina – KPMG
12. Wills, Chris – Venture Commercial Realty
13. Winer, Daniel – CHBA Central Okanagan
The Board also has four Advisory positions representing the City of Kelowna, Okanagan College, WFN, and the Okanagan Business Students Association.
Incoming Chair-Elect Dan Price, on announcing the Board, said “We’re excited to introduce this new Board to our members. Economic recovery, economic reconciliation, and ensuring diversity and inclusion are key messages for our Chamber in 2023. We are strengthened by our new directors, and we look forward to a solid year of growth and operational excellence.”
For more information:
Kelowna Chamber of Commerce