2016 was a year of new milestones for the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce. Not only did we accomplish membership growth, but increasingly, members saw the value of being connected and being part of an organization that contributes to the good of the community.
Some of our notable accomplishments this year:
• Accredited Chamber of Commerce 2016/2019 – with Distinction
• More members – 1,352 – than at any time in our history
• 110th anniversary as a Chamber of Commerce
• Hosted all BC Chambers in Kelowna at their annual conference and AGM
• A successful year, financially
• The most attendees at our Business Excellence Awards
• A historic trip with the Kelowna mayor and the Kelowna-Kasugai Sister City Association to Japan
• Hosted an exceptional Travel & Learn experience for members on a trip to Iceland
• Hosted round tables with a Catalyst for Growth Fund grant with Women’s Enterprise Centre and Status of Women Canada
• Launched new programs for Young People in Business
We’re particularly proud of our Accreditation: to quote, “This Chamber has demonstrated that it meets a high standard of excellence in service to its members through strict adherence to a prescribed set of programs, services, management and governance principles, and policy and advocacy initiatives. This Chamber is a leader and ‘the Voice of Business” within its community.” Our CEO, Caroline Grover, was a driving force behind our recognition for organizational excellence and initiation of new programs.
We are looking forward to a prosperous 2017 in our community and invite you to join our members at many of our thought-provoking events this year.