« Back to News
Oct 13, 2017
2017 Business Excellence Award Recipients
Twenty-seven finalists were honoured at the 30th Annual Business Excellence Awards at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort. The finalists competed to take home 9 awards in their respective categories in addition to the Business Leader of the Year award which was officially presented to Lane Merrifield of Wheelhouse Ventures. Other recipients included Current Taxi, earning the Rising Star Business of the Year award, and Northside Industries being awarded Large Business of the Year.
The event, presented by Platinum Sponsors the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) and Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP, is the largest business event of the year in Kelowna and received rave reviews from the near record crowd in attendance. Nearly 400 guests attended the ceremony and dinner.
The official award recipients are:
1. ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Rotary Centre for the Arts
Sponsored by: Hergott Law
2. MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR: CREW Marketing Partners
Sponsored by: Pushor Mitchell
3. EXCELLENCE IN AGRICULTURE: BC Tree Fruits Cooperative
Sponsored by: Valley First
4. RISING STAR BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Current Taxi
Sponsored by: Urban Systems
5. YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: Andrew Gaucher - GGroup & Catalyst Land Development
Sponsored by: Kelowna International Airport
6. SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD: Volinspire
Sponsored by: Interior Savings
7. SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Hybrid Elevator Inc.
Sponsored by: Prospera Credit Union
8. MID-SIZE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Newcap Radio
Sponsored by: BDO Canada
9. LARGE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Northside Industries
Sponsored by: Grant Thornton
11. BUSINESS LEADER OF THE YEAR: Lane Merrifield - Wheelhouse Ventures
Sponsored by: MNP LLP
Thank you to all who attended. We look forward to next year's event for our 31st Annual Business Excellence Awards.