The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven organization dedicated to connecting, serving and empowering the Kelowna business community. The Chamber provides numerous services to attract businesses including educational seminars and major events, member benefits, government advocacy for small business support, and economic inclusion.
In 2006, The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 100th year in existence. Created to promote the interests of business in the City of Kelowna, the Chamber has been an integral part of Kelowna, recognized as one of British Columbia’s most prestigious business communities.
“Established in 1906, the mission of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce is to foster a positive business environment by providing members with leadership, advocacy and services of value.”
From the largest corporations, to mid-sized businesses and emerging entrepreneurs, the Chamber provides its members with the support they need to both grow and maintain their business success.
Get involved with the business community. Click here to register or check out our Chamber Events calendar for our next networking event.
Summary of the Chamber’s Role in the Community
The Chamber is in the business of:
The Chamber primarily engages:
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
- Communication and Awareness
- Credibility for the Business Community
We address these issues/needs:
- Government entities and elected officials
- Educational institutions and their respective students
We meet member needs by:
- Serve as the voice of business
- Focus on quality of life
- Provide resources for all businesses
- Assist small businesses
- Address community concerns and opportunities
- Initiate school to career partnerships
- Representing the voice of business
- Championing for local business successes
- Customizing offerings for our members
- Providing community exposure, awareness and connections
- Providing information and networking in a centralized place
- Ensuring leadership and civility on community issues
Read about what we have been doing at the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce